Contoh latihan soal TOEFL "reading comprehension" (part 1)
To relieve minor irritation caused by colds, dust, smog, hard contact lenses, sun, wind, and water from swimming. Instill 1 or 2 drops in each eye; repeat every 3-4 hours as needed, or as prescribed by the physician. The valve must not be damaged and must not be exposed to sunlight.
1. The word "physician" is closest in meaning to .....
a. a person whos is adept in physics
b. a person who is adept in chemistry
c. a person who is adept in medicine and surgery
d. a person who is adept in eye
2. What recommendations are given on using the medication?
a. that one should keep the lid on the bottle and store it in a dark place.
b. that one should keep the lid on the bottle and allow the light for the storage
c. that one should open the lid and store it on a dark place
d. that one should open the lid and store allow the light for the storage.
3. What is the maximum dosage for each eye in twenty four hours?
a. 8 drops
b. 4 drops
c. 16 drops
d. 24 drops
4. Where is this passage probably found?
a. on a bottle of medicine
b. in a newspaper
c. in a receipt book
d. in an editorial
5. What is this medicine used for?
b. contact lenses
c. preventing dust
d. relieving eye irritation
Indications: Highly effective in overcoming fungal infection.
Dosage and administration: Apply topically and thinly over the affected part regularly 2-3 times daily for 2-5 weeks.
Precautions: Avoid applying this drug around eyes and other sensitive glands.
Side effects: In sensitive individuals, it may develope local irritation and burning sensation.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
6. The word "dosage" is closest in meaning to .....
a. be careful
b. recommended amount
7. Where should we use the medicine?
a. affected eyes
b. affected skin
c. affected throat
d. all of our body
8. The words "burning sensation" above have the closest meaning to .....
a. it burns our skin
b. feel hot
d. irritated our skin
9. Where could we find the text above?
a. in the newspaper
b. on a receipt book
c. in the magazine
d. in a medicine containment
10. The word "overcoming" on the text above has the same meaning as .....