Soal jawab bahasa I...

Soal jawab bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7, 8, 9 materi "Letter" (3)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

daliya
Topic starter
(@daliya)

Read the text to answer questions 15 to 20.

Osaka, March 4th 2011

Dear Hera,

How are you? I am in Osaka now. We arrived here two days ago. It’s still cold here, but it’s nearly spring and I’ll be able to enjoy my first hanami ever! It’s a traditional activity where people have a picnic under the sakura trees and look at the pink flowers. Remember my classmate Mamoru? He told me many stories about hanami that I’ve been dreaming about ever since. Too bad he’s not here now. Anyway, there’s a shop here where you can print your pictures and make postcards out of them so they would be special ones. So in this picture you can see us having our first okonomiyaki. That’s Grandpa smearing the sauce onto the dough. Can you imagine we eat octopus? Yes, it’s a seafood okonomiyaki. It’s totally delicious! Wow, it’s a long writing for a postcard. I'll send you many others later. You’ll love the pictures!

Love, Caitlin
Hera JI. Pejuang 45 Bogor 16720 Jawa Barat Indonesia

15. When did Caitlin arrive in Osaka?

A. March 1,2011.
B. March 2, 2011.
C. March 3,2011.
D. March 4, 2011.

16 According to the text, it’s nearly the end of... in Osaka.

A. spring
B. summer
C. autumn
D. winter

17. Caitlin will have her first....

A. hanami
B. sakura
C. okonomiyaki
D. spring

18. “He told me many stories about hanamithat I’ve been dreaming about it ever since.” The word “he” refers to ....

A. Caitlin’s father
B. Caitlin’s grandfather
C. Mamoru
D. Hera

19. Besides octopus, what can be in Caitlin's okonomiyaki?

A. Beef
B. Squid
C. Chicken
D. Sausage

20. “I’ll send you many others later.”
What does the underlined word mean?

A. Pictures
B. Postcards
C. Sakura flowers
D. Food

Read the text to answer questions 21 to 22.

Jakarta, September 29, 2013
Dear Kiki,
Last holiday, my brother and I visited our grandparents in Bandar Lampung. There are many tourist destinations, such as museum, shores, water park, zoo, and Way Kambas. During our visit, we decided to go to Way Kambas, the elephant training center. We wanted to watch the huge animals playing football.
Way Kambas is situated in East Lampung, about 110 km from Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung. It took 3 hours to reach Way Kambas from our grandparents' home. We left early in the morning at 6 A.M. by car. It would take longer to go there by motorcycle or bus.
We were lucky to visit the place on the weekend because the elephant football show is only held on weekends. The show was great. It was amazing to see such big animals running and kicking the ball. The ball was larger than the one used in regular football. After that we watched other attractions. My brother had a ride on the big animals, but I didn't. I was too nervous to do it.
At 4 P.M., we returned to Bandar Lampung. We were very tired, but impressed. It was really an interesting experience for us. I hope you can visit it in the future. By the way, how was your holiday?
Yours,
Miranti

21. Why did the writer visit Way Kambas in her holiday?

A. She warted to see elephants playing football.
B. It was the only tourist destination she knew.
C. Her grandparents lived in Bandar Lampung.
D. She wanted to ride an elephant.

22. “I hope you can visit it...”
What does the word “it” refer to?

A. An elephants’ attraction.
B. An elephants’show.
C. Bandar Lampung.
D. Way Kambas.

Read the text to answer questions 23 to 26.

Dear Aldy,

Long time no see, how are you today? I hope you are alright.
Last holiday, my family and I spent a night in the countryside. It is not far from our city and it is not a crowded place. We stayed in a rented wooden house. It was really nice.
At night, we made a small fire in front of the house and sang together. We were very happy. We woke up very late the next morning because we stayed up till after midnight. After lunch my father drove us home. It was a great holiday. Will you join us next time?
See you soon.
Your best friend,
Sandy

23. The letter tells us about....

A. making a small fire and singing together
B. Sandy’s holiday in the countryside
C. Aldy’s favorite place for holiday
D. a rented wooden house

24. How did Sandy and his family go to the countryside?

A. By train.
B. By ship.
C. By bus.
D. By car.

25. Sandy and his family spent the holiday in the countryside because ....

A. it was located nearby
B. they liked crowded places
C. it was not far from their city
D. many people visited the place

26. “Will you join us next time?”
What does the word “us” in the sentence refer to?

A. Aldy and Sandy.
B. Aldy and his friends.
C. Sandy and his family.
D. Sandy and his friends.

Read the text to answer questions 27 to 30.

Dear Naomi,
Hi, how are you? How was your holiday? I am really curious.
Let me tell you about my trip to Ranau Lake in Lampung. It is located between two provinces, Lampung and South Sumatera. Would you like to know more?
Instead of going by ferry, I took a plane from Jakarta to Bandar Lampung. My uncle met me at the airport. There, I continued my trip by car. I was so happy to visit Ranau Lake because I really like mountainous areas. I love nature so much.
I spent two nights at a cottage near the lake. The cottage was built only a few meters from the lake. In only several steps I could dip my feet in the fresh water. All kinds of meals tasted very delicious there. I thought it was because of the cool weather.
Visiting Ranau Lake was a fantastic experience. It was my first time to see such a beautiful view. I think you should go there someday, so you can experience it yourself. See you!
Love,
Widia

27. What is the text about?

A. Widia’s trip to Ranau Lake.
B. Widia’s suggestion for Naomi.
C. A letter from Widia in Ranau Lake.
D. Visiting two provinces during holiday.

28. How did Widia travel to Ranau Lake?

A. By plane.
B. By ship.
C. On foot.
D. By car.

29. Why was Widia happy to spend her holiday at Ranau Lake?

A. She loves nature.
B. It’s far from Jakarta.
C. Her uncle asked her.
D. The place is very good.

30. "... you should go there someday.” What does the underlined word refer to?

A. Bandar Lampung.
B. South Sumatra.
C. Ranau Lake.
D. Jakarta.

Kunci jawaban:

1. B
  2. D
  3. A
  4. C
  5. B
  6. B
  7. A