Soal jawab bahasa I...

Soal jawab bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7, 8, 9 materi "Letter" (1)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

daliya
Topic starter
(@daliya)

Read the text to answer questions 1 to 3.

Dear Mellyani,

On my last school holiday, my classmates and I went to Borobudur. The Borobudur temple is really magnificent. The hugeness of the temple really impressed me. How could our ancestors build such a big temple? It was amazing.

In the temple, we went upstairs step by step. Walking around the temple, we saw many reliefs on the temple walls. Some foreigners seemed interested in them. I overheard their conversation with the guide. Actually the relief tells a story. iaba

Itwas really a nice experience! I hope you can go there someday. Mellyani JI. Timur

Love, Puan 45 Jakarta

Renny

1. Whom did Renny go to Borobudur with?

A. Her tour guides.
B. Her classmates.
C. Renny’s friend.
D. Some foreigners.

Jawaban: B

Di dalam surat yang ditulisnya, Renny menyebutkan my classmates and I went to Borobudur. Jadi, ia pergi ke Borobudur bersama teman-teman sekelasnya (her classmates).

2. Renny admired the temple because of its

A. visitors
B. relief
C. stones
D. size

Jawaban: D

Dalam suratnya Renny menyebutkan The hugeness of the temple really impressed me (kebesaran candi itu benar-benar membuatku terkesan). Kata hugeness di sini berkaitan dengan ukuran (size).

3. Which of the statement is NOT TRUE about Renny?

A. She is a student.
B. Mellyani is one of her friends.
C. She lives at Jalan Timur Puan 45.
D. She really enjoyed visiting the Borobudur temple.

Jawaban: C

Semua pernyataan yang disebutkan pada pilihan jawaban A, C, dan D dapat ditemukan dalam teks. Pernyataan She lives at Jalan Timur Puan 45 tidak tepat, karena ini merupakan alamat rumah Mellyani.

Read the text to answer questions 4 to 6.

Dear Emily,
How are you doing? Remember me? We met at Smutzer Primate Museum in Ragunan Zoo in Jakarta last month. I am really glad that you chose my country to spend the vacation. Sorry, I cannot enclose our photos here, because you know, my youngest brother Irfan deleted them. I had not kept them yet in the camera. Here I give you some photos of Irfan's birthday. We celebrated it by having lunch together. You can see my big family. My mom roasted 3 big fish for us. And we had hot chili sauce or sambal to eat with that roasted fish. Hmm... yummy!
How aboutyour activity this semester? You’re in class 11"’, right? I want to know about Victoria. I want to be your pen pal, so I can improve my English, and you can improve your Bahasa Indonesia, too. Okay, that’s all for the first letter. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Send my love to your mom and grandma. Bye!
Your pal,
Mirda

4. The writer’s purpose of writing this letter is
A. to get a photo
B. to have a pen pal
C. to go to Victoria
D. to tell her experience

Pada paragraf kedua Mirda menulis "/want to be your pen pal “ (Aku ingin menjadi sahabat penamu), jadi tujuannya menulis surat adalah untuk mendapatkan sahabat pena (to have a pen pal).

5. Where did Mirda meet Emily?

A. In a student’s exchange program.
B. In Ragunan students' camp.
C. In Ragunan Zoo.
D. In study tour.

Pada suratnya Mirda menulis 1/Ve met at Smutzer Primate Museum in Ragunan Zoo in Jakarta last month (kita bertemu di Museum Primata Smutzer di Kebun Binatang Ragunan di Jakarta bulan lalu). Jadi mereka bertemu di Kebun Binatang Ragunan.

6. Where is Emily studying now?

A. In a junior high school.
B. In a senior high school.
C. In an academy.
D. In a university.

Dalam surat Mirda bertanya pada Emily, You’re in class 11th, right, yaitu kelas 11. Jadi Emily adalah murid SMA (senior high school).

Read the text and answer questions 7 to 10.

Jakarta,June 6, 2009
Dear Catherine,
I'm sorry I can’t pick you up at the airport but luckily, my friend Steve can (He works at night, so he is free in the morning).
I just want to make sure about the information. Your plane arrives at 11
A.M. on June 25 and you're flying on KLN air #1327. Is that right?
I told Steve to look for a woman with two young girls but he wanted more information. Do you look the same? What about your daughters? You shouldn’t have

a problem finding Steve at the airport. He is very tall and thin. He has curly brown hair, a moustache and beard.
I can’t wait to see you!
Love,
Rony

7. How many persons will Steve meet at the airport?

A. One.
B. Two.
C. Three.
D. Four.

Pada surat disebutkan I told Steve to look for a woman with two young girls (Aku memberi tahu Steve untuk mencari wanita dengan dua anak perempuan). Jadi, di bandara Steve harus mencari tiga orang, yaitu seorang wanita dan dua anaknya.

8. Steve will pick Catherine with her daughter at the airport because ....

A. he is busy
B. he is free in the morning
C. he works at the airport
D. he wants more information

Jawaban pertanyaan tersebut terdapat pada kalimat He works at night, so he is free in the morning (la kerja malam, jadi pada pagi harinya ia mempunyai waktu luang).

9. “I can’t wait to see you!” (last sentence) What does the word “you” refer to?

A. Catherine.
B. Steve.
C. The writer.
D. Rony.

Jawaban:A

Kalimat / can’t wait to see you ditulis oleh Rony dalamsuratnya pada Catherine. Jadi, kata you di sini merujuk pada Catherine.

10. “... but luckily my friend Steve can.” What does the underlined word mean?

A. Accidentally.
B. Actually.
C. Basically.
D. Fortunately.

Jawaban:D

Kata luckily mengandung arti “untungnya”. accidentally = secara tidak disengaja actually = sebenarnya basically = pada dasarnya fortunately = untungnya
Jadi, kata luckily mempunyai makna yang sama dengan fortunately.

Read the text to answer questions 11 to 13.

To: Alviana <alviana-nina102@smpbahagia. co.id>
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014 Subject: Mount Kelud
Hello Alviana,
I send you this e-mail to let you know that I'm enjoying a great vacation with my friends on Mount Kelud, Kediri. This is a very amazing place.
We went to Kediri by bus from school at 7 A M and arrived at 10:30
A.M. Before reaching the mountain, we had to stop at the local bus station and changed into a smaller car. The view during the journey to the mountain was wonderful. It took 15 minutes from the bus station to reach the slope

of the mountain. There is a cave and more amazing sceneries there. We walked around and took some pictures. We also bought some durians and they were very delicious I hope you’ll get here someday.
That’s all for now. Please send my regards to your parents. See you.
Love,
Kartika Putri

11. What does the text tell you about?

A. Alviana’s journey to a cave.
B. Missing a friend in a vacation.
C. Kartika’s interesting experience.
D. Amazing sceneries in the mountain.

Teks tersebut menceritakan pengalaman Karitka waktu liburan di Gunung Kelud. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah C.

12. How did the writer and friends explore the cave?

A. Rent local transportation.
B. By bicycle.
C. On foot.
D. By bus.

Untuk menjelajahi gua, kita tidak dapat menggunakan kendaraan, melainkan berjalan kaki.

13. Why did they go to Mount Kelud?

A. To spend a holiday at an amazing place.
B. To observe the beautiful mountain.
C. To taste delicious durians.
D. To take some pictures.

Jawaban: A

Dari kalimat “I’m enjoying a great vacation with my friends on Mount Kelud,” kita ta h u bahwa Kartika ke Gunung Kelud untuk berliburan.

Read the text to answer questions 14 to 15.

Jakarta, September 29, 2013 Dear Kiki,
Last holiday, my brother and I visited our grandparents in Bandar Lampung. There are many tourist destinations, such as museum, shores, water park, zoo, and Way Kambas. During our visit, we decided to go to Way Kambas, the elephant training center. We wanted to watch the huge animals playing football.
Way Kambas is situated in East Lampung, about 110 km from Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung. It took 3 hours to reach Way Kambas from our grandparents’ home. We left early in the morning at 6 A M. by car. It would take longer to go there by motorcycle or bus.
We were lucky to visit the place on the weekend because the elephant football show is only held on weekends. The show was great. It was amazing to see such big animals running and kicking the ball. The ball was larger than the one used in regular football. After that we watched other attractions. My brother had a ride on the big animals, but I didn’t. I was too nervous to do it.
At 4 P.M., we returned to Bandar Lampung. We were very tired, but impressed. It was really an interesting experience for us. I hope you can visit it in the future. By the way, how was your holiday?
Yours.
Miranti

14. What does the text tell us about?

A. Riding a huge animal.
B. Miranti's holiday experience.
D. Watching elephants' attractions.
C. Tourist destinations in Lampung.

Surat tersebut berisi tentang liburan Miranti, maka jawaban yang tepat adalah B.

15. How did the writer reach Way Kambas?
By ....

A. car
B. bus
C. bike
D. animal

Jawaban: A

Kalimat pada surat menyatakan “We left early in the morning at 6 A.M. by car."

Topic tags