Contoh penggunaan berbagai macam conjunction dan artinya dalam kalimat (part 1)
Conjunction atau kata sambung adalah kata yang menghubungkan kata atau kelompok kata dalam kalimat. Berikut ini contoh penggunaan berbagai conjunction dalam kalimat bahasa Inggris.
- after (setelah): We arrived after the match had started.
- before (sebelum): He was a journalist before he became a minister.
- if (jika): If I have much money, I will go to America.
- although (meskipun): although he is sick, he goes to work.
- though (Tetapi, meskipun): They are coming next week, though I don't know when. And though he is quite small, he is very strong.
- even though (meskipun): He still smokes, even though he's got asthma.
- till/until (hingga0: We will wait here until the rains stops.
- as soon as (segera setelah): I will call you later as soon as I arrive in Bali.
- when (ketika, saat): We'll go when you are ready. The criminal had left away when the police came.
- whenever (kapan saja): You can go whenever you want.
- where (di mana): This is the village where I was born.
- wherever )ke mana saja): Wherever you go, you must take your Identification Card with you.
- whereas (padahal): Grace will get married whereas she is still young.
- while (sementara): Please watch my bag while I buy a bus ticket.
- since (sejak, karena): I have lived in this city since 2005. They will stay inside since the weater is bad outside.
- because (karena): I can't come out tonight because I've got flu.
- as (karena, ketika): I left the party at 10.00 p.m. as I had to get up early the next day.
- due to the fact that (karena): Due to the fact that all trains were delayed, the station was crowded with thousands of passangers.
- owing to the fact that (karena): Owing to the fact that less than half of the members of the club are present to the meeting, the chairman decides to cancel the meeting.
- once (sekali, segera setelah): Once I make up my mind, I never change it. Once I find somewhere to live, I will send you my new address.
- that (bahwa, yang): It is true that she is pregnant.
- now that (mumpung, sebab): Now that I have a car I can visit many places of interests.
- provided that/providing that (asalkan, hanya jika): You may join us provided that you behave yourself.
- otherwise (jika tidak): The food is delicious, but otherwise the place is not comfortable. Go now, otherwise you miss the plane.
- in case (kalau kalau): You should bring an umbrella with you in case it rains.
- only if (hanya jika): I will attend the meeting only if I get an invitation card.
- even if (bahkan jika): We will leave for Jakarta even if it rains.
- suppose that (andaikan): Suppose that today is a doomsday, what will we do?
- even if (sungguhpun, sekalipun): Even if I had known about the meeting I mightn't have come.
- unless (kecuali jika): You can not apply for this job unless you have a diploma.
- inasmuch as (karena itu): They were strict about our appearance inasmuch as we weren't allowed to wear hewellery.
- as long as (sepanjang): You can play football as long as you do your homework first.
Bersambung ke part 2.