Soal jawab bahasa I...

Soal jawab bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7, 8, 9 materi "Recount Text" (2)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

pratiwi
Topic starter
(@pratiwi)

Read the text and answer questions 1 to 5.

November 19, 2010

Dear, Diary....

I don’t know how to feel!

Dad brought some strange news when we were having dinner. Dad decided to take all to Tasikmalaya this weekend. You know, this Thursday and Friday the teachers will attend some meetings they have us holiday? Well, Dad was so excited to hear it that he took some days off from his office. He wanted to take us to Tasikmalaya. Dad said he hadn’t gone there for years. He was right.

The last time I saw Grandma’s house was on her funeral, and it was years ago. I wonder how the place would look like.
But what made me feel real bad was that actually Mina and I had planned to go to Dufan with the boys—you know... Beni, Joshua, Maliq, and Sandy! It was a perfect plan. Mina and I had arranged everything...

The money, how we get there, the food we will take, and even the clothes! And then Dad suddenly came out with this idea. It’s not fair! But I don’t know what to say to change his plan. Everyone was excited with this plan. Even Ardi looked thrilled with Dad’s news that’s Weird. He was usually the one who had no spirit in any family occasions...
I think I really have to cancel our plan to Dufan. I can imagine Mina’s respone about this. She will be very upset! But I can do nothing about this. I think I will be the only one who will not enjoy our family trip

I’m going to sleep now.

Night

1. What is the form of the text?

A. A personal recount.
B. A information report.
C. A explanation.
D. A descriptive.

2. Why did the writer feel bad after hearing her father’s news?

A. Because she wanted to go with her family.
B. Because she had planned something else with her friends.
C. Because she wanted to stay at home.
D. Because her brothers didn’t want to go.

3. “He was usually the one who had no spirit in any family occasions.”
The sentence means ....

A. He always liked to go with his family.
B. He was a family man.
C. He had no spirit at all.
D. He used to hate family occasions.

4. “Even Ardi looked thrilled with Dad’s news." The underlined word means ....

A. very excited
B. nervous
C. disappointed
D. relaxed

5. “I can imagine Mina’s response about this She will be very upset!”
From those sentences we can conclude that....

A. Mina has already known about this change of plan
B. Mina is very upset to hear it
C. Mina hasn't known the news yet
D. Mina would respond positively

Read the text and answer questions 6 to 10.

November 23 2010

Dear, Diary....
We. Ardi, Bumi, and I had a great time today. It seemed that we were going back to our childhood. I’ve never spent my time with my brothers lately, being busy with friends and stuff. But today we spent the day together. First of all, we went fishing on the pond (I caught five fish, Ardi caught lesser but his are bigger than mine, and Bumi got the biggest). And when it was getting hotter, Auntie brought us fresh coconuts and they were super cool! Then we climbed the clove trees we used to climb when we were smaller. Uncle said some of the trees have been cut off, but we still had the ones we used to climb on. And I think I found the spot where I used to sit on. It’s a branch bent oddly upwards so I could pretend flying a jet as the Rangers did. But I had to admit that long ago it was easier to climb it.
Then at dinner tonight we ate the fish we caught. It was delicious! Mom said we’re talented.

6. What kind of text do we have above?

A. A narrative.
B. A descriptive.
C. A recount.
D. A Report.

7. How does the writer feel while writing the text?

A. Gloomy.
B. Excited.
C. Sad.
D. Angry.

8. Based on the text, who got the smallest fish?

A. The writer.
B. Ardi.
C. Bumi.
D. Auntie.

9. “And when it was getting hotter, Auntie brought us fresh coconuts and they were super cool!”
The word “they" refers to ....

A. the fish
B. the weather
C. Auntie
D. fresh coconuts

10. What can be concluded from the text above?

A. The writer is having a vacation in a remote village.
B. The writer used to spend time with Ardi and Bumi.
C. The siblings used to spend time at the place in their childhood.
D. They bought the fish for dinner.

Read the text and answer questions 11 to 15.

June 8 2011

I am still in France now, but not in Paris. I was disappointed at first, knowing that we’re not going to Paris (I mean... visiting France means visiting Paris, right?). But Dad took us to Marseille because he attended a seminar there. There are beaches in Marseille, but it was different with Californian beaches, so I didn’t really enjoy this trip at first. Mom brought me shopping here and there. But then, one of Dad’s friends named Etienne Dantec brought us here, to this village up on a hill called Le Castellet, and I just couldn’t believe what I saw.

This village is as quiet as dead. I didn’t know what to do here at first. However, when Etienne took us around this village, I believe that this is the most wonderful place on earth. Le Castellet is a village built circling a hill, and up on top of it is a castle almost a thousand year old! The houses and the paved narrow streets are also that old, and everything here is quiet and green. Around the village there is a wall which was a kind of defence system back then. From that wall we can see miles and miles of vineyards and the Mediterranean Sea on the far horizon. To me who is a part of the busy and crowded L.A. life, this place is heaven!

At the end of our trip around the village, Eitenne introduced us to his relative, Michelle Dunaise. She was a perfume maker. She had a shop which sold perfumes and scented candles which were traditionally made. She made them. I'd brought some bottles and candles for my girls, Tina and Lisa. The lavender candle was perfect to make us relaxed. They would very happy.

11. Why did the writer feel disappointed when she visited France at first?

A. Because she wanted to go shopping.
B. Because there are beaches in Marseille.
C. Because they didn’t visit Paris.
D. Because she met a man named Etienne Dantec.

12. Why were they in Marseille?

A. Because they needed to meet Michelle Dunaise.
B. Because they wanted to swim at the beach.
C. Because they wanted to go shopping.
D. Because the father attended a seminar there.

13. “This village is as quiet as dead.’’ (paragraph 3)
The underlined words mean ....

A. mute
B. loud
C. noisy
D. noise

14. ”... we can see miles and miles of vineyards and the Mediterranean Sea on the far horizon." (paragraph 2) What is a vineyard?

A. A fruit garden.
B. A grape plantation.
C. A wine plantation.
D. A wine factory.

15. Who was a perfume maker?

A. Etienne Dantec.
B. Le Castellet.
C. Michelle Dunaise.
D. Tina.

Kunci jawaban:

1. A
  2. B