Soal jawab bahasa I...

Soal jawab bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7, 8, 9 materi "Narrative Text" (1)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

pratiwi
Topic starter
(@pratiwi)

Read the text to answer questions 1 to 3.

One day while a mouse deer was walking in the forest, he saw a big, black snake sleeping under the tree. When he saw the snake, the mouse deer was frightened. When he wanted to run away from the snake, he suddenly fell on top of a tiger which was sleeping not far from the snake. The tiger woke up and heold the mouse deer. He told the mouse deer that he was going to eat him for lunch. “Please don't eat me now," said the mouse deer. “I have something important to do.”

“Look,” said the mouse deer. “That is the king’s belt. He asked me to stay here and watch it while he was away in the forest.” The tiger looked at the snake and said, “That is a beautiful belt. I need a belt like that. Can I wear it?” he asked the mouse deer.

“Oh all right,” said mouse deer. So he picked up the snake and winded it around the tiger. Then, the snake woke up and saw the tiger. The snake twisted itself tighter and tighter, until the tiger couldn’t breathe. The tiger asked the mouse deer to help him. But the mouse deer had turned and ran away into the forest.

1. Where was the tiger sleeping?

A. In the middle of the forest.
B. Next to the mouse deer’s house.
C. Near wear the black snake was sleeping.
D. Far away from the place where the mouse deer fell.

Jawaban: C

Pada paragraf pertama disebutkan bahwa When he wanted to run away from the snake, he suddenly fell on top of a tiger which was sleeping not far from the snake. Jadi.sang harimau tidur tidakjauhdari ular yang sedang tidur di bawah pohon (Near where the black was snake sleeping).

2. Why did the mouse deer trick the tiger by saying that the snake was the king’s belt?

A. The mouse deer liked to trick other animals.
B. The mouse deer was a clever animal.
C. The tiger wanted to eat him.
D. The tiger wanted to wear it.

Saat si kancil berusaha menghindari ular yang sedang tidur, ia malah terjatuh ke atas harimau yang sedang tidur. Harimau yang marah kemudian memutuskan untuk memakan si kancil (He told the mouse deer that he was going to eat him for lunch). Untuk menghindarinya, si kancil mengatakan padanya tentang ikat pinggang raja yang sebenarnya adalah si ular.

3. After reading this story we can learn that

A. we have to behave like the mouse deer
B. we have to find a way to save ourselves from danger
C. sleeping black snake was a dangerous animal
D. we have to be careful with the mouse deer

Jawaban: B

Secara ringkas kisah ini menuturkan petualangan si kancil dalam menghadapi si harimau. Dalam keadaan terjepit si kancil berhasil menghindari bahaya. Jadi pesan moral cerita di atas adalah kita harus dapat mencari jalan untuk menyelamatkan kita dari bahaya (we have to find a way to save ourselves from danger).

Read the text to answer questions 4 to 6.

A shepherd took his sheep out to pasture, but when it was time to return to the sheep pen, he found that some wild goats had become mixed up with his flock. Nonetheless, he was very pleased that the flock had grown by itself, and he closed the goats into the pen along with the sheep.
The next day was rainy and the shepherd decided not to go out. He gave his sheep only a small handful of food, while he gave much bigger rations to the goats. He thought that if he treated them well, they would stay with him. In spite of this, as soon as the shepherd opened the gate, the goats ran out and he was unable to catch them again.
“Ungrateful beasts," shouted the shepherd after them. "I treated you better than the others!”
“That’s why we're going,” answered one of the goats. “If you prefer us new animals to your sheep, how will you treat us if you find some more animals in your flock?”
So, do not be too happy if someone shows you that they prefer you to their old friends. You too will soon be an old friend and could be replaced just as easily.

4. The text tells you about a shepherd, his sheep, and ....

A. the pasture
B. wild goats
C. his friends
D. all beasts

Tokoh-tokoh cerita di atas adalah si penggembala (shepherd), domba-domba piaraannya (sheep), dan beberapa kambing liar (wild goats).

5. Why was the shepherd happy one day?

A. He found some wild goats among his sheep.
B. He could close his sheep in the pen well.
C. His lost goats returned in good condition.
D. There was a pasture for his hungry sheep.

Jawaban: A

Perhatikan kalimat “... he found that some wild goats had become mixed up with his flock. Nonetheless, he was very pleased that the flock had grown by itself’. Jadi, si penggembala senang karena menemukan beberapa kambing liar bercampur dengan domba-dombanya.

6. Which is the moral you can learn from the story?

A. Never ever trust to the new one.
B. Don’t treat your friend as enemy.
C. There are not good things on the old one.
D. Don’t forget the old friend if you get the new one.

Jawaban: D

Di akhir cerita terdapat moral, yaitu “Do not be too happy if someone shows you that they prefer you to their old friends. You will soon be an old friend and could be replaced just as easily" (Jangan terlalu senang jika seseorang memperlihatkan bahwa ia lebih menyukaimu ketimbang teman-teman lamanya. Dengan segera kau akan menjadi teman lama dan dapat digantikan dengan sama mudahnya). Jadi, pesannya adalah jangan melupakan teman lama jika kita mempunyai teman baru (don’t forget the old friend if you get the new one).

Read the text and answer questions 7 to 10.

The Wolf and the Goat

A wolf saw a goat at the edge of a high cliff. The wolf smacked his lips at the thought of a fine goat dinner.
“My dear friend,” said the wolf in his sweetest voice, “Aren’t you afraid thare you will fall down from that cliff? Come down here and graze on this fine grass beside me on safe level ground.”

“No, thank you,” said the goat.
“Well then,” said the wolf, “aren’t you cold up there in the wind? You would be warmer grazing down here beside me in the sheltered area.”
“No, thank you,” said the goat.
“But the grass tastes better down here!” said the exasperated wolf. “Why dine alone?”
"My dear wolf,” the goat finally said, “Are you quite sure that it is my dinner you are worrying about and not your own?”

7. What did the wolf ask when he saw the goat grazing at the edge of a high cliff?

A. To be his friend.
B. To graze on the level ground.
C. To climb up higher.
D. To be his dinner.

Saat melihat si kambing merumput di sisi tebing tinggi, sang serigala berujar, “Come down here and graze on this fine grass beside me on safe, level ground" (Turunlah kemari dan nikmati rumputyang lezat ini di sebelahku di tanah yang datar dan aman). Jadi, si serigala meminta si kambing turun dan merumput di tanah yang datar (to graze on the level ground).

8. “Aren’t you cold up there in the wind?” The word “there” refers to ....

A. a high cliff
B. sheltered area
C. grass
D. ground

Telah disebutkan sebelumnya bahwa posisi si kambing adalah at the edge of a high cliff (di sisi tebing yang tinggi). Jadi, kata there mengacu pada tebing yang tinggi (a high cliff).

9. What can we learn from the story above?

A. Don't look down to other creatures.
B. Don’t easily believe in well-behaved creatures.
C. Don’t judge others by their appearance.
D. Don’t easily beat other creatures.

Pada cerita tersebut, si serigala berusaha membujuk si kambing agar mau turun dari tebing dan merumput di dekatnya. la membujuk dengan kata-kata manis dan berpura-pura baik, padahalkitatahu bahwa sebenarnya ia ingin memakan si kambing. Jadi, pesan moral cerita ini adalah jangan mudah percaya pada makhluk lain yang bersikap baik (don’t easily believe in well-behaved creatures).

10. From the story we know that....

A. the goat was very hungry
B. the wolf was a helpful animal
C. the wolf was eager to eat the goat
D. the goat was going to fight with the wolf

Di awal cerita telah diceritakan The wolf smacked his lips at the thought of a fine goat dinner (Si serigala mendecapkan bibirnya membayangkan makan malam kambing yang lezat). Jadi, kita tahu bahwa si serigala sangat ingin memakan si kambing (the wolf was eager to eat the goat).

Read the text to answer questions 11 to 13.

A long time ago, a very rich family lived in Bali. The father, Sidi Mantraa, was very famous for his supernatural power. He lived happily with his wife and their only child, Manik Angkeran. Manik Angkeran liked gambling a lot. His parents became poor because of this. They told Manik Angkeran to stop gambling, but he never listened. Instead, he begged for more money to his parents. Finally Sidi Mantra decided to go to Mount Agung where a mighty dragon lived. It could provide jewellery to the people who say the mantra and ring the bell. Sidi Mantra had the bell and knew the mantra.

In front of the dragon, he said, “My name is Sidi Mantra. I have a problem. My son likes gambling and made me poor." After he said the mantra and rang the bell, jewelleries came out from the dragon’s body. He was very happy and brought the jewelleries home.

Upon hearing that his father got some jewels from a dragon living in Mount Agung, Manik Angkeran stole his father's bell and went there. When he arrived at Mount Agung, Manik Angkeran rang the bell. The dragon knew him. It gave him some jewels. Suddenly he had a bad idea. He wanted to kill the dragon and stole all its jewelleries.The dragon knew his plan and it killed Manik Angkeran. Sidi Mantra was very sad. He asked the dragon to bring his son back to life. The dragon agreed, with one condition, they had to live in a separate places. When, ManikAngkeran came alive, Sidi Mantra draw a line between them on the ground. From the line, water flowed out. Soon, it became a river. Finally, it became a strait and separated Java from Bali. Today people called it Bali Strait.

11. What is the text about?

A. The legend of Bali Strait.
B. Sidi Mantra and a dragon.
C. The legend of Manik Angkeran.
D. Sidi Mantra and Manik Angkeran.

Dua kalimat terakhir pada paragraf terakhir berbunyi “Finally, it became a strait and separated Java from Bali. Today people called it Bali Strait.” Cerita tersebut menceritakan asal mula Selat Bali. Jadi jawaban yang tepat adalah A.

12. What did Sidi Mantra do to find money for his son?

A. Sidi Mantra gave Manik Angkeran a bell to call the dragon.
B. Sidi Mantra killed the dragon and stole the jewels.
C. He prayed to a dragon and asked for jewels.
D. He used his supernatural power.

Pada paragraf pertaman terdapat kalimat “Finally Sidi Mantra decided to go to Mount Agung where a mighty dragon lived. It could provide jewellery to the people who say the mantra and ring the bell.” Kalimat tersebut menyatakan bahwa Sidi Mantra memohon pada seekor naga yang dapat memberikan batu berharga. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah C.

13. What is the main idea of paragraph two?

A. Manik Angkeran wanted to kill the dragon and stole the jewels.
B. Sidi Mantra wanted Manik Angkeran to stop gambling.
C. Sidi Mantra gave Manik Angkeran all the jewels.
D. Manik Angkeran became poor.

Pada paragraph kedua terdapat kalimat “He wanted to kill the dragon and stole all its jewelleries." Kata “he" merujuk pada Manik Angkeran. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah A.

Read the text to answer questions 14 to 15.

There was a girl named Pina who lived on a fruit plantation with her motherr. When her mother worked night and day, little Pina would spend all her time playing with her friends. When her mother asked her to do something, she would always reply that she could not find it, even if it was laying right in front of her eyes.

One day, her mother fell ill and could not get up to cook some food. So, she asked Pina to cook some rice. However, Pina was being her lazy self and said “I can’t find the pot, so where should I put the rice?” Her mother told her where the pot was. Then she said, “Where is the ladle, how am I going to cook without a ladle?” Again her sick mother had to tell her the exact location. Pina did the same with salt, rice and water! Enraged by Pine’s behavior, her mother cursed, “May you grow a thousand eyes," and went back to sleep.
When she woke up, she could not find her daughter. She searched and searched, and so did every single person on the plantation. After a few days, a strange fruit with thousand of little dots was seen on the plantation. When Pina’s mother saw the fruit, she was immediately reminded of Pina's beautiful brown eyes. Later, the fruit with a thousand eyes was named “Pinya”, meaning pineapple in Tagalog.

14. The best title of the text is ....

A. The Fruit with Thousand Eyes
B. The Lazy Girl in the Plantation
C. The Origin of Pineapple
D. The Missing Girl

Kalimat terakhir berbunyi “Later, the fruit with a thousand eyes was named “Pinya”, meaning pineapple in Tagalog.” Jadi, cerita tersebut menceritakan tentang asal usulbuah nanas.

15. What did the mother do when realizing Pina gone?

A. She searched for her.
B. She cursed her.

C. She fell asleep.
D. She got sick.

Dua kalimat awal pada paragraf terakhir adalah “When she woke up, she could not find her daughter. She searched and searched....” Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah A.