Soal jawab bahasa I...

Soal jawab bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7, 8, 9 materi "Cloze Passage" (3)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

daliya
Topic starter
(@daliya)

For questions 14 to 17 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

An Unknown Goddess

Some time ago, an interesting ... (14) was made by archeologists on the Aegean island of Kea. An American team explored a temple in Ayia Irini.
The city at one time must have been ... (15) for it enjoyed a high level of civilization. Houses—often three storeys high and built of stone—could be found there. They had large rooms with beautifully decorated walls. The city was even equipped with a drainage system. The latter was cleverly constructed ... (16) the narrow streets.
In the most sacred room of the temple they found fragments of fifteen statues. After the fragments had been reconstructed, to the amazement of the archeologists they formed a statue of a goddess, which turned out to be a very modern-looking woman. She was wearing a full-length ... (17) which swept the ground. Unfortunately her identity could not be discovered.

A. finding
B. searching
C. discovery
D. innovation

A. poor
B. famous
C. hidden
D. prosperous

A. under
B. on
C. beneath
D. inside

A. skirt
B. blouse
C. trousers
D. shirt

For questions 18 to 20 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

Trapped in a Mine

Six men have been trapped in a mine for seventeen hours. If they are not brought to the ... (18) soon they may loose their lives. However, rescue operations are proving difficult. If explosives are used, vibrations will cause the roof of the mine to collapse. Rescue workers are therefore drilling a hole on the north side of the mine. They intend to bring the men up in special capsule. If there had not been a hard layer of rock beneath the soil, they wou Id have ... (19) the job in a few hours. As it is, they have been drilling for sixteen hours and they still have a long way to go. Meanwhile, a microphone, which was lowered into the mine two hours ago, has enabled the men to keep in touch with the closest relatives. Though they are running out of food and drink, the men are cheerful and confident that they will get out soon. They have been told that rescue operations are progressing ... (20). If they knew how difficult it was to drill through the hard rock, they would lose heart.

A. face
B. earth
C. surface
D. underground

A. complete
B. finish
C. finishing
D. completed

A. carefully
B. smoothly
C. hard
D. carelessly

For questions 21 to 23 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

On Saturday night, the student of SMPN 12 ... (21) on a nearby hill. They chose a flat land to set up a ... (22). It was on the bank of a waterfall. They were happy. They worked ... (23). Some of them cooked food, others swept the place and prepared the fire wood.

A. climbed
B. camped
C. worked
D. played

A. building
B. lodging
C. house
D. tent

A. thoroughly
B. seriously
C. angrily
D. slowly

For questions 24 to 26 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

Last month my family and I attended Grandpa's funeral. It was my first time to go to such a ceremony. It ... (24) one day to finish the ceremony. In this ceremony we wore black ... (25). Before the ceremony began, the deceased was placed in a sandalwood coffin. Then, many processions followed. The funeral ceremonies made me and my family tired. However, we were grateful because it ran ... (26).

A. took
B. held
C. give
D. lent

A. skirts
B. shirts
C. clothes
D. sarongs

A. lately
B. slowly
C. quickly
D. smoothly

For questions 27 to 28 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

Last Sunday, my friend, Fanny, won a voucher for a four-night tour in Lombok for two people. She immediately called me and told me the news. She invited me to go with her. So, on Monday after school, we ... (27) to the tour agency which issued the ... (28). The tour agency took care of everything. We went home and still could not believe

what was going on. Two days later we were on Senggigi beach, lying under the warmth of the sun. It was a long public holiday, so we enjoyed our holiday happily without having to worry about school.

A. married
B. hurried
C. carried
D. buried

A. prize
B. lottery
C. coupon
D. prescription

For questions 29 to 30 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks.

After the class was over, I ... (29) the school quickly. My watch showed 2:30 P.M. as I got on my bicycle. I pedalled hard and was soon speeding home. My thought went back to the math ... (30) that I had just had in the class. I could remember clearly how I read the formula again and again last night. I was glad that I had studied hard for the test.

A. left
B. went
C. came
D. visited

A. problems
B. lesson
C. story
D. quiz

Kunci jawaban:

1. C
  2. D
  3. C