Penjelasan seputar prepositional collocation, jenis, dan contohnya (Part 1)
Prepositional collocation adalah keterkaitan antara preposisi dengan kata lain (noun/ adjective/adverb/verb). Terdapat kata tertentu yang mengharuskan diawali atau diikuti preposisi tertentu, dan akan dianggap tidak lazim atau salah bila diawali atau diikuti preposisi lainnya.
- excellent at= bagus dalam
- bad at= jelek dalam
- brilliant at= hebat dalam
- hopeless at= pesimis akan
- good at= pandai dalam
- quick at= cepat dalam
- slow at= lambat dalam
- Rina is good at dancing.
- Ratu is always quick at solving the crossword-puzzle.
- My sister is very slow at mathematics.
- anxious for = khawatir akan
- eager for = ingin sekali akan
- famous for = termasyur karena
- (un) fit for = mempersiapkan diri, siap
- necessary for = perlu untuk
- responsible for= bertanggung jawab atas
- sorry for = menyesal akan
- suitable for = cocok, pantas buat
- They were anxious for my plans.
- We are eager for success.
- Bandung is famous for its fashion.
- You must be fit for your new duties.
- Clothes are necessary for protecting us from being cold.
- You should be responsible for what you have done.
- They were sorry about their failure.
- They were sorry for making such failure.
- The job is not suitable for his background of study.
- different from = berbeda dengan
- safe from = aman dari
- free from = bebas dari
- separate from = terpisah dari
- Concorde is different from Challenger.
- Are small children free from blame?
- We are all safe from danger.
- He is separate from his environment.
bersambung ke part 2...