Pengertian short st...

Pengertian short story bahasa Inggris, jenis, struktur dan contohnya

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

markes widodo
Topic starter
(@markes)

Apa yang dimaksud dengan short story dalam bahasa Inggris dan bagaimana jenis, struktur dan contohnya?

Pengertian Short Story (Cerita Pendek)

Cerita adalah hasil dari pemikiran saya sendiri yang tidak berdasar pada definisi-definisi yang telah ada sebelumnya. Kalaupun ada persamaan atau kemiripan nantinya, itu hanya kebetulan saja. Cerita ini berbentuk rangkaian peristiwa yang disampaikan, baik berasal dari kejadian nyata (non fiksi) ataupun tidak nyata (fiksi). Short story atau cerita pendek adalah suatu bentuk prosa naratif fiktif. Cerita pendek cenderung padat dan langsung pada tujuannya dibandingkan karya-karya fiksi lain yang lebih panjang, seperti novella (dalam pengertian modern) dan novel. Karena singkatnya, cerita-cerita pendek yang sukses mengandalkan teknik-teknik sastra seperti tokoh, plot, tema, bahasa dan insight secara lebih luas dibandingkan dengan fiksi yang lebih panjang. Ceritanya bisa dalam berbagai jenis.

Jenis Short Story

Jenis-jenis cerpen berdasarkan jumlah katanya:

1. Cerpen mini (flash), cerpen dengan jumlah kata antara 750-1.000 buah.
  2. Cerpen yang ideal, cerpen dengan jumlah kata antara 3.000-4000 buah.
  3. Cerpen panjang, cerpen yang jumlah katanya mencapai angka 10.000 buah.

Struktur Short Story

• Abstrak, merupakan ringkasan atau inti cerita yang akan dikembangkan menjadi rangkaian peristiwa. Abstrak bersifat opsional artinya sebuah teks cerpen baleh tidak memakai abstrak.
  • Orientasi, adalah struktur yang berisi pengenalan latar cerita yang berkaitan dengan waktu, suasana, dan tempat yang berkaitan dengan cerpen.
  • Komplikasi, berisi urutan kejadian yang dihubungkan secara sebab akibat, pada struktur ini anda mendapatkan karakter atau watak pelaku cerita karena beberapa kerumitan mulai bermunculan.
  • Evaluasi, adalah struktur konflik yang terjadi yang mengarah pada klimaks mulai mendapatkan pemecahannya/penyelesaiannya.
  • Resolusi, pada struktur ini pengarang mengungkapkan solusi yang yang dialami tokoh.
  • Koda, merupakan nilai nilai atau pelajaran yang dapat dipetik dari suatu teks oleh pembacanya.

Contoh Short Story

Pick a star

“Pick a star in the dark horizon and follow the light” -Regina Spektor, The Call.

My name is Lucy, my age 16 years old and I have a younger sister 10 years old. But unlike most children out of there. Luna very different. If I see how the little girl’s smile or her eyes that radiate rainbow. It makes me unable to accept the fact my sister had to have abnormalities. Xeroderma pigmentosum is a disorder of the skin to sunlight. Whenever Luna stepped out into the courtyard he would immediately cry in pain. sometimes my heart ache for the little girl tried to open the front door. Mom was never allowed Luna out for the health and safety of my sister.

“Lucy, what is out there happy?” Luna asked while I was busy tidying up clothes, “I mean, playgrounds and schools?”
“why do you ask?”
“just curious. I never know circumstances beyond Lucy”
“nothing special dear, trust me” is all I can say on Luna.

Almost since the age of 5 years until now Luna never left the house and bed. She has no friends other than me, dad, and mom. We devote all our attention and affection to the Luna. In fact, it never makes me feel jealous of my sister. But see how passion and her struggle as a person with XP. It finally made me understand and care for Luna. “Lucy! Could I go out for a minute? I want to see the stars in the sky!” Luna whine, pointing to the window. I sighed do not know what to do to explain our condition.

“I’m sorry Luna, but it was impossible. I can not”
“Why?” Luna sue me, “I can stand! so why do you have to forbid me?”
I shook my head slowly trying to remain patient, “Luna, you can not stand up long enough”
After the rejection of the Luna. The little girl was so quiet every time invited to speak, would not touch his food and medicine. A plan that makes our home a heavy frustrating.

“Luna..” call me from gap-room door. Luna raised his head and looked at me for a moment back to throw the face of no matter. “Well young lady, we give up! If you want to see the stars will me among you tonight”
“really?” Luna eyes wide open and I know she is very happy for his small victory.
“and you should hear what we say to you, understand?”
“I understand!!!”

As I promised. I brought Luna to the front page in a wheelchair, Luna sitting on green grass. The night sky filled with thousands of stars, the little girl next to me look up and opened his mouth stunned. “how beautiful the night sky,” whispered Luna smile, “very pretty”
“If I could take one star up there, what do you believe?”
Luna laughed and shook his head hear. When I get up and jump as high as possible almost screaming.

“I did it! I caught a star!”
“Let me see!” Luna participate equally hysterical screaming.
I open my fist at her. Luna stunned amazed to see a small star-shaped pendant that shines.
“this is for you” I said, “A star for Luna”
“Lucy, this ..”
“You will be much brighter than the sun when wearing this”.

Demikian penjelasan tentang short story (cerita pendek bahasa Inggris) mencangkup pengertian, jenis, struktur, dan contohnya dalam bahasa Inggris. Semoga bermanfaat.