Soal-soal conjunctions (exercise 3)
Sep 27, 2020 7:27 pm
Rewrite the sentence as indicated by the word in bracket.
(Tulis kembali kalimat di bawah ini dengan menggunakan kata yang tertera dalam kurung.)
- Although the traffic was bad, I arrived on time, (despite)
Despite the bad traffic, I arrived on time.
- Because the traffic was bad, I couldn’t arrive on time, (because of)
Because of the bad traffic, I couldn’t arrive on time.
- Although he’s got a Bataknese name, he is in fact a Javanese, (despite)
- In spite of her injured foot, Kadita managed to walk to the village, (even though)
- I decided to accept the job although the salary was low. (in spite of)
- Although he has a very reasonable job, he isn’t particularly well-paid, (despite)
- I didn’t wear a coat despite a cold weather, (although)
- As they live near us, we see them quite often, (because of)
- Because of his bad temper, 1 dismissed him from the list, (since)
- Because we had nothing better to do, we watched TV the whole evening, (because of)
- As it is a public holiday, all the shops will be shut tomorrow, (because of)
- Since I felt very tired last night, I went to bed very early, (because o