Latihan soal troublesome verbs (part 1)
Directions: Choose the correct word in parentheses. (Pilih kata yang benar dalam tanda kurung.)
- The student (raised, rose) his hand in class.
- Hot air (raises, rises).
- Ann (set, sat) in a chair because she was tired.
- I (set, sat) your dictionary on the table a few minutes ago.
- Hens (lay, lie) eggs.
- Sara is (laying, lying) on the grass in the park right now.
- Jan (laid, lay) the comb on top of the dresser a few minutes ago.
- If you are tired, you should (lay, lie) down and take a nap.
- San Francisco (lay, lies) to the north of Los Angeles.
- Mr. Faust (raises, rises) many different kinds of flowers in his garden.
- The student (raised, rose) from her seat and walked to the front ofthe auditorium to receive her diploma.
- Hiroki is a very methodical person. Every night before going to bed, he (lays, lies) his clothes for the next day on his chair.
- Where are my keys? I (lay, laid) them here on the desk five minutes ago.
- Fred (set, sat) the table for dinner.
- Fred (set, sat) at the table for dinner.
- The fulfillment of all your dreams (lies, lays) within you - if you just believe in yourself.