Latihan soal simple...

Notifications

Latihan soal simple present and present progressive (part 2)  

RSS

rano
 rano
(@rano)
Eminent Member
12/02/2020 10:03 pm  

Directions: Use either the simple present or the present progressive of the verbs in parentheses.

Example:

I can't afford that ring. It (cost) costs too much.

1. Look. It (begin) ... to rain. Unfortunately, I (have, not) ... my umbrella with me. Tom is lucky. He (wear) ... a raincoat.
  2. I (own, not) ... an umbrella. I (wear) ... a waterpoof hat on rainy days.
  3. As a rule, I (sleep) ... until 6 o'clock in the morning, and then I (get) ... up and (study) ... for my classes.
  4. Shhh. Grandpa (take) ... a nap in the living room. We (want, not) ... to wake him up. He (need) ... his rest.
  5. Right now I (look) ... at Janet. She (look) ... angry. I wonder what's the matter. She (have) ... a frown on her face. She certainly (have, not) ... any fun right now.
  6. Right now I (look) ... around the classroom. Yoko (write) ... in her book. Carlos (bite) ... his pencil. Riana (scratch) ... his head. Budi (stare) ... out the window. He (seem) ... to be daydreaming, but perhaps he (think) ... hard about verb tenses. What (you, think) ... Budi (do) ...?
  7. I (want) ... to figure out the meaning of this saying: "The pen is mightier than the sword.". I (know) ... that "mightier" (mean)... "more powerful," but what's a "sword"? What ("sword," mean) ...?
  8. Right now Martha is in the science building. The chemistry experiment she (do) ... is dangerous, so she (be) ... very careful. She (want, not) ... to spill any of the acid. She (be, always) ... careful when she does a chemistry experiment. 

Topic Tags
rano
 rano
(@rano)
Eminent Member
13/02/2020 10:59 am  

Kunci jawaban

ReplyQuote