Penjelasan seputar prepositional collocation, jenis, dan contohnya (Part 4)
Oct 05, 2020 6:03 am
Bagaimana contoh prepositional collocation bahasa Inggris?
- believe in= percaya akan, mempercayai
- confide in= mempercayai
- engage in= sibuk dengan
- excel in=mengungguli, unggul
- participate in= ambil bagian, mengikutsertakan
- succeed in= berhasil
- I do believe in you.
- You are to confide in my loyalty.
- Only few delegates participated in PON 13.
- She has succeeded in getting scholarship to study in STK1P Sembrani Kuningan.
- change into= berubah, berganti, menjelma
- resolve into= berubah
- transform into= mengubah bentuk
- turn into= berubah menjadi
- crash/bump into= menubruk
- run into= bertemu secara kebetulan
- drive into= menubruk
- divide/cut/split (something) into = membagi/memecah
- He lost control of the car and crashed into a wall.
- Water changes into vapor when it is heated in 159°.
- The engines can transform heat into energy.
- rule over = memerintah, menguasai
- A tyrant rules over his people with an iron hand.
- alarmed at = gelisah, khawatir
- amused at = merasa senang dengan
- astonished at = heran
- confused at = bingung
- amazed by/at= terpesona oleh
- asthonished by/=tercengang oleh
- shocked by/at= terkejut oleh
- troubled by= mendapat kesulitan dengan
- afflicted by= menderita
- delighted by= gembira
- irritated by= mendongkol, terganggu
- surprised by= heran
- impressed by/with= terkesan
- absorbed in = sibuk
- interested in = tertarik akan
- crowded with = sesak dengan
- fed up with = jenuh akan
- pleased with = senang akan
- concerned with = tenang, mengenai
- acquainted with = kenal
- disappointed with = kecewa
- annoyed with = jengkel
- occupied with = sibuk dengan
- satisfied with = puas dengan
- pleased with = senang dengan
- bored with = bosan dengan
- delighted with = sengan akan
- indebted to = berhutang budi
- suited to = cocok, sesuai
- accustomed to = biasa
- qualified for = berhak
- tired from = lelah karena
- ashamed of = malu akan
- tired of = lelah akan
- excited about = terpesona/terangsang oleh
- worried about = khawatir akan
- upset about = marah akan
- Everybody was shocked surprised by/at the news.
- Come on, Let’s go! I’m tired of waiting.
- She was troubled by her two younger sons.
- Rainto is highly qualified for that job.
- I am not satisfied with your service.
- Ann is upset about not being invited to the party.
4. Noun + Preposition
- a cheque for = cek senilai
- a demand/a need for = kebutuhan akan
- a reason for = alasan atas
- a rise in = kenaikan dalam
- an increase in = kenaikan dalam
- a fall/decrease in = penurunan dalam
- an advantage of = keuntungan/manfaat dari
- disadvantage of = mudorat dari
- a casue of = penyebab dari
- a photograph/a picture of = gambar/foto dari
- damage to= kerusakan akan
- an invitation to= undangan untuk
- a reaction to= reaksi terhadap
- a solution to= penyesalan akan
- key to= kunci dari
- answer to=jawaban dari
- a reply to= jawaban atas
- an attitude to/towards= sikap terhadap
- a reationship with = keterhubungan dengan
- a connection with = keterhubungna dengan
- contact with = hubungan dengan
- They sent me a cheque for Rp 267.000.000,-
- The firm closed down because there wasn’t enough demand for its product.
- The train was late but no one knew the reason for the delay.
- The key to exercise 1 is on page 23.
- There has been an increase in road accident recently.
- The advantage of living alone is that you can do anything what you like.
- Nobody knows what the cause of the explosion was.
- I always keep a photograph of my first girl in my wallet.
- The accident was my fault, so I paid for the damage to the other car.
- Did you get an invitation to Ratu’s party?
- I was surprised at his reaction to what I said.
- The answer to your question is ‘NO’.
- His attitude to/towards his job is very negative.
- Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
- Police want to question a man in connection with the robbery.
5. Preposition + Noun
- by cheque= dengancek 9a pay by cheque)
- by accident= tidak sengaja
- by mistake= tidak sengaja
- by chance= kebetulan
- in (my) opinion = menurut pendapat saya
- (pay) in cash = kontan
- (tobe/fall) in love with = jatuh cinta
- on fire = terbakar
- on the telephone/phone =lewat telepon/di telepon
- on television/radio = di tv/radio
- on holiday = sedang berlibur
- on business = dalam perjalanan usaha
- on a trip = sedang bepergian
- on a tour = sedang jalan-jalan
- on excursion = sedang berdarmawisata
- on a cruise = sedang bepergian
- on an expedition = sedang dalam ekspedisi
- (tobe/go) on diet = berdiet
- (tobe/go) on strike = mogok
- for breakfast/lunch/dinner = untuk sarapan/makan siang/makan malam
- (to go/to come) for walk = jalan-jalan
- (to go/to come) for a swim = pergi berenang
- (to go/to come) for drink = pergi minum
- Did you pay by cheque or in cash?
- We hadn’t arranged to meet. W(e met by chance.
- Have you ever been in love with anyone?
- In my opinion the film wasn’t very good.
- Look! That car is on fire.
- I’ve never met her but I’ve spoken to her on phone.
- I didn’t watch the match on television. I listened to it on the radio.
- I’ve put on a lot of weight. I’ll have to go on diet.
- There are no trains today. The railway workers are on strike.
- Prabu is away now. He is on holiday in Kuningan.
- She goes for a walk with her dog in the morning.
- What did you have for lunch?