Penjelasan seputar prepositional collocation, jenis, dan contohnya (Part 3)
Oct 05, 2020 5:37 am
Bagaimana contoh prepositional collocation bahasa Inggris?
- aim (something) at= bertujuan
- arrive a= tiba di
- glance at= memandang sekilas, melirik
- laugh at= mentertawakan, tertawa
- look at= melihat
- point at= menunjukkan, mengarahkan
- shudder at= merasa ngeri
- smile at= tersenyum kepada
- stare at= memandang, menatap, memelototi
- The train arrives at the station on time.
- I keep glancing at her but she doesn’t give any response.
- Don’t laugh at me, I am really annoyed.
- Do you think girl smiling at me?
- Don’t stare at me like that I’m afraid?
- accuse (someone) of = menuding, menuduh
- beware of= berhati-hati, hati-hati
- conform of= setuju dengan
- consent of=menyetujui, setuju
- consist of=terdiri dari
- approve of= setuju, menyetujui
- dispose of= membuang
- die of (an ilness)=mati karena (penyakit)
- dream of (doing something)
- dream about (something)= memikirkan, membayangkan, memimpikan
- think of = memikirkan, memperkirakan
- take care of = menjaga
- Prabu accused Ratu of being selfish.
- Beware of your head.
- ‘What did he die of?’— ‘A heart attack.’
- The group consists of four boys and three girls.
- The boss approved of my proposal.
- You are the girl I’m dreaming of.
- Have a nice holiday. Take care of yourself.
- ask (someone) for (something) = bertanya
- blame (someone) for (something)
- apply for = melamar
- call for = datang mengambil, menjemput
- care for = memelihara, mengasuh
- leave (a place) for = berangkat/meninggalkan
- look for = mencari
- pray for = mendoakan, berdoa
- search for = mencari/menyelidiki
- wait for = menunggu
- I wrote to the company asking them for more information about the job.
- The police is searching for the escaped prisoner.
- I think this job would suit you. Why don’t you apply for it?
- I promise to call for her at the station so I have to go now.
- My mother cares of me thoroughly.
- I have been looking for you. Where have you been?
- I will wait for you here until you come with a car.
- apologize to (someone) for (something) = meminta maaf
- belong to = milik
- complain to (someone) about (something) = mengeluh kepada (seseorang) tentang (sesuatu)
- explain (something) to = menjelaskan (sesuatu) kepada
- happen to= menimpa
- listen to= mendengarkan
- object to= berkeberatan
- point to= menunjukkan
- reply to= menjawab
- subscribe to= berlangganan
- married to= nikah dengan
- engaged to= bertunangan dengan
- write to= menulis untuk/berkirim surat kepada
- When I realized I was wrong,. I apologized to him for my mistake.
- Linda is married to an American.
- This house belongs to me.
- Ratu’s parents wouldn’t consent to her marrying a foreigner.
- The children are listening to a radio.
- I object to your going so soon.
- The needle in a compass points to the north.
- I hope you will reply to my letter sooner.
- agree on = setuju akan sesuatu
- agree (with) = setuju dengan seseorang
- call on = singgah, mampir
- congratulate (someone) on (doing something) = mengucapkan selamat
- concentrate on = berkonsentrasi pada
- count on = mengharapkan
- depend on = bergantung pada
- land on = mendarat
- impose on = memperdayakan (seseorang), mengganggu
- insist on = menekankan, bertahan pada pendirian
- live on = mempertahankan hidup
- operate on = mengoperasi, membedah
- rely on = mempercaya
- resolve on = memutuskan
- Don’t look out the window. Concentrate on your work!
- Every body agrees on an early start.
- I agreed with you to cancel the trip.
- She called on me last night but I was not at home.
- Solving this problems will depend on our will.
- Ratu insisted on taking me to a good restaurant.
- Never rely on such liar!
- associate with = menghubungkan dengan
- charge (someone) with = mendenda/mendakwa
- collide with = bertubrukan dengan
- coincide with = bertepatan dengan
- cooperate with = bekerjasama dengan
- deal with = menghadapi, memperlakukan
- unite with = bersatu dengan
- There was an accident this morning. A bus collided with a car.
- If we talk about Challenger, it will be associated with space exploration.
- Your wedding party coincided with Idul Adha.
- I want all my employees to cooperate with one another to build a good team work.
- Indonesian people should unite with one another.
- absatain from = tidak memberi suara (dalam pemilihan).
- differ from = membedakan, berbeda dengan
- emerge from = muncul, timbul
- escape from = melarikan diri, lolos, lepas dari
- free from = melarikan diri, meloloskan diri dari
- recover from = sembuh dari
- suffer from = menderita karena
- withdraw from = mengundurkan diri, menarik kembali
- He abstained from voting.
- Sundanese differs from Javanese in the way to treat other people.
- Every once in a while we saw the dolphin emerge from the water.
- The accused escaped from prison by bribing the guard.
- Soeharto recovered from his illness after being treated for almost one year in Pertamina Hospital.
- The child suffers from earache.