Penjelasan seputar prepositional collocation, jenis, dan contohnya (Part 2)
Oct 05, 2020 4:47 am
Bagaimana contoh prepositional collocation bahasa Inggris?
- efficient in = tepat guna
- rich in = kaya akan
- successful in = berhasil dalam
- The machines has been very efficient in increasing the product.
- Indonesia is rich in art and culture.
- The astronauts were successful in landing on the moon.
- angry with (someone) = marah kepada (seseorang); angry about (something) = marah tentang/akan (sesuatu)
- annoyed with (someone) = tersinggung akan; anoyed about (something) = tersinggung akan (sesuatu)
- furious with (someone) = marah pada; furious about = marah tentang
- content with = puas dengan
- familiar with = mengetahui, akrab dengan
- patient with = sabar dengan
- bored/fed up with = bosan/jenuh
- What are you angry/annoyed about?
- They were fuirous with me for not inviting them to the party.
- Are you familiar with the guys in red?
- Don’t be angry with me, I don’t mean to harm you.
- Are you content with your present salary?
- Mothers should be patient with the heavy households.
- You get bored/fed up with doing the same thing everyday.
- nice/kind/good of (someone to do something) = kebaikan seseorang
- generous of (someone to do something) = kedermawanan seseorang
- stupid/silly (someone to do something) = ketololan seseorang
- intelligent/clever (someone to do something) = kepintaran seseorang sensible (someone to do something) = kepekaan seseorang
- polite (someone to do something) = kesopanan seseorang
- rude (someone to do something) = kekasaran seseorang
- (tobe) nice/kind/good/generous/mean/(im)polite/rude/(un)pleasant/(un)friendly/cruel to someone.
- afraid/frightened/terrified/scared of = takut akan
- aware of = sadar akan/waspada akan
- ashamed of = malu akan
- capable of = sanggup/bisa
- incapable of = tidak bisa/sanggup
- careful of = hati-hati akan
- certain of = yakin, pasti akan
- conscious of = sadar akan
- fond of = gemar akan
- full of = penuh dengan
- glad of = gembira akan
- ignorant of = bodoh akan, tidak tahu innocent of = tak bersalah akan jealous of = cemburu akan
- proud of = bangga akan
- short of = kekurangan
- suspicious of = curiga akan
- envious of = iri hati akan
- Thank you. It’s very nice of you to help me. (Anda baik sekali)
- She has always been very nice to me. (baik pada saya)
- I am not afraid of being rematched against Mike Tyson.
- Sea divers should be aware of sharks.
- Be careful of what you do.
- The students are certain of getting good marks in linguistics course.
- Are you conscious of how people will regard such behaviour?
- Kids are usually fond of candy.
- I am always proud of my father.
- Why are you always so jelous of other people?
- I’m sure you are capable of passing the exams.
- I am a bit short of money. Can you lend me some?
- acceptable to = dapat diterima
- appropriate to = tepat, cocok
- faithful to= setia kepada
- friendly to= ramah terhadap, baik hati kepada
- kind to= baik hati, ramah kepada
- loyal to= setia kepada
- bedient to= patuh kepada
- pleasant to= menyenangkan
- polite t= sopan kepada
- rude to= kasar kepada
- similar to= mirip, serupa dengan
- strange to= aneh, ganjil
- true to= setia, taat kepada
- Is my behavior acceptable to Sundanese customs?
- A dog is very faithful to its master.
- Sundanese are always friendly to guests and visitors.
- You are very kind to me.
- Subordinates should be loyal to their supervisors.
- Your bag is similar to mine.
- The Indonesians are no longer strange to west-life style.