Pengertian noun cas...

Pengertian noun case, jenis, contoh kalimat dan latihan soal

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

Topic starter
(@komang88)

Apa pengertian noun case dan bagaimana jenis, contoh kalimat serta latihan soalnya?

What is Noun Cases?

Pengertian NOUN-CASES 

Noun-cases adalah topic lain yang datang di bawah kata benda. Noun cases memberitahu kita tentang posisi kata itu dalam sebuah kalimat.

Kind of Noun Causes (jenis-jenis cases)

Dalam bahasa Inggris ada 5 jenis  Cases

They are:

• Nominative cases
  • Objective case (or Accusative case)
  • Dative case
  • Possessive case (or Genitive case)
  • Vocative case

Nominative case

A noun is said to be in the Nominative case if it is the subject of a verb. (SUBJECT is the person or the thing who or which carries out the action of the verb in the sentence)

Kata benda ini dikatakan dalam Nominative cases jika sebagai  subjek kata kerja. (Subjek adalah orang atau hal yang atau yang melaksanakan tindakan kata dalam kalimat)

Contoh:

• Sholeh is an English teacher. sholeh adalah seorang guru bahasa Inggris
    Mr. Sholeh adalah proper noun dalam  Nominative case.
  • The painter paints the portraits. pelukis itu melukis potret.
    The painter adalah common noun dalam Nominative case.
  • I am buying vegetables for my family. aku membeli sayuran untuk keluarga ku
    “I” adalah pronoun dalam Nominative case.

Contoh-contoh ini membawa pada istilah lain “Pronoun”  adalah kata yang digunakan untuk menjelaskan atau mewakili kata benda. Mereka adalah  I, We, You, He, She, it dan they adalah masuk kedalam the seven pronouns.

Objective case (or Accusative case)

Nouns or pronouns are said to be in Objective cases if they are the direct objects of verbs or if they are the objects of preposition. (Direct object is the person or the thing upon whom or upon which the action of the verb is carried out). 

Nouns atau pronouns dikatakan dalam objective cases  jika mereka sebagai objek verba atau jika mereka objek Preposisi. (Objek langsung adalah orang /benda yang langsung menerima tindakan /kata yang dilaksanakan dari subject).

Contoh:

• I met your sister. aku bertemu saudara perempuan mu
    “Your sister” adalah dalam objective case.
  • The vendors sell mangoes. vendor itu menjual mangga
    “Mangoes” adalah dalam objective case.
  • The book is on the table.
    “Table” adalah dalam objective case
    ini adalah object preposition ‘on’.

Dative case

A noun is said to be in dative case if it is the Indirect object of the verb. (Indirect object of the verb is the noun for whom or for which the action of the verb is carried out). There should not be a preposition before the indirect object because in that case it will be the object of that preposition. 

Kata benda ini dikatakan dalam Dative cases jika kata benda tersebut sebagai objek tidak langsung dari kata kerja. Dalam dative cases Tidak harus ada Preposisi sebelum objek tidak langsung karena dalam cases ini akan menjadi objek Preposisi itu.

Contoh:

• The teacher gave the students few exercises. guru memberikan latihan kepada para  siswa
    “Students” ini dalam dative case. Ini adalah indirect object dari verb ‘give’.
  • The Postman brought me a letter. tukang post itu membawakan aku sepucuk surat
    “Me” dalam dative case.
  • Get him a pen. beri dia pena
    “Him” adalah dalam dative case.

Possessive case (Genitive case)

A noun is said to be in possessive case, if it denotes possession or ownership. A noun or pronoun in the possessive case is governed by the noun that follows it.

Kata benda ini dikatakan dalam possessive case, jika itu menandakan kepemilikan. Kata atau kata ganti dalam possessive case diatur oleh kata benda yang menyusul.

Contoh:

• This is your pencil. ini adalah pencil mu
    “Your” adalah possessive case.
  • It is our idea. ini adalah ide kita
    “Our” adalah possessive case.
  • John’s sister has been hospitalized. adik jhon sudah dirawat
    “John’s” adalah possessive case.

Vocative case

A noun or a pronoun is said to be in Vocative case if it is used to call (or to get the attention of) a person or persons.

Kata benda atau kata ganti dikatakan dalam Vocative cases jika digunakan untuk memanggil (atau untuk mendapatkan perhatian) pihak lain.

Examples:

• Mahmud, students are waiting for you in the class.
    “Mr. Mahmud ” adalah dalam vocative case.
  • You there, stand up.
    “You” adalah dalam vocative case.

The nouns do not change their forms in the Nominative and Objective cases. But few pronouns change their forms between Nominative and Objective cases.

Kata tidak berubah bentuk dalam  nominatif  cases dan Objective cases. Tapi beberapa kata ganti mengubah bentuknya antara  nominative cases dan Objective cases.

Nominative case Objective case Possessive case 
I me My
we us Our
you you Our
He Him His
She Her Her
It It Its
They Them Their

Contoh Kalimat Noun Cases

• Siyono eats cakes.
    (The noun Siyono is the subject of the verb eats. Siyono is in the nominative case.)
  • Fateh eats cakes.
    (The pronoun fateh  is the subject of the verb eats. fateh is in the nominative case.)
  • They eat cakes.
    (The pronoun They is the subject of the verb eats. They is in the nominative case.)
  • Mumun is a teacher.
    (Here, mumun is in the nominative case because it’s the subject of is, and teacher is in the nominative case because it’s a subject complement; i.e., it renames the subject.)
  • It was I
    (Here, It is in the nominative case because it’s the subject of was, and I is in the nominative case because it’s a subject complement; i.e., it renames the subject.)
  • This is your pencil.
    “Your” adalah possessive case.
  • It is our idea.
    “Our” adalah possessive case.
  • ′ John’s sister has been hospitalized.
    “John’s” adalah possessive case.

Latihan Soal

Find out the noun clauses in the following sentences and state what purpose they serve.

• The king ordered that the traitor should be put to death.
  • He said that he would not go.
  • That he is not interested in the offer is known to us.
  • He said that he was not feeling well.
  • I cannot rely on what he says.
  • I don’t know where he has gone.
  • He asked whether the servant had polished his shoes.
  • The news that he is alive has been confirmed.
  • The belief that the soul is immortal is almost universal.
  • It is certain that we will have to admit defeat.

Answers

• Here the noun clause ‘that the traitor should be put to death’ is that object of the verb ordered.
  • Here the noun clause ‘that he would not go’ is the object of the verb said.
  • Here the noun clause ‘that he is not interested in the offer’ is the subject of the verb is
  • Here the noun clause ‘that he was not feeling well’ is the object of the verb said.
  • Here the noun clause ‘what he says’ is the object of the preposition on.
  • Here the noun clause ‘where he has gone’ is the object of the verb know.
  • Here the noun clause ‘whether the servant had polished his shoes’ is the object of the verb asked.
  • Here the noun clause ‘that he is alive’ is in apposition to the noun news.
  • Here the noun clause ‘that the soul is immortal’ is in apposition to the noun belief.
  • Here the noun clause ‘that we will have to admit defeat’ is in apposition to the pronoun it.

Demikianlah Pembahasan Materi Bahasa Inggris Tentang Noun Cases.