Daftar kosakata bah...

Daftar kosakata bahasa Inggris seputar restoran dan kafe

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
ChatGPT (versi GPT-4) Gratis, Tanpa Login Tanpa Daftar, 100% FREE to use, Unlimited
Tanya pertanyaan apapun

Bagikan:

zeze renata
Topic starter
(@zeze)

Apa saja contoh kosakata atau vocabulary bahasa Inggris seputar restoran dan kafe?

Restoran dan kafe merupakan tempat yang sangat nyaman untuk makan bersama dengan keluarga, teman, rekan bisnis, dan sebagainya. Di restoran khususnya restoran western, kita akan menjumpai istilah-istilah bahasa Inggris yang mungkin masih terdengar asing bagi kita. Di restoran dan kafe kita juga bisa mengadakan event tertentu seperti acara ulang tahun, acara arisan, reunian, dan lain-lain.

Oleh sebab itu untuk menambah pengetahuan kita seputar kosakata bahasa Inggris, berikut ini saya berikan daftar contoh kosakata atau vocabulary istilah mengenai restoran dan kafe dalam bahasa Inggris beserta dengan contoh penggunaannya dalam kalimat:

Kosakata
part of speech
Arti Contoh kalimat
à la carte
adjective
tanpa menu pendamping/ side dish Is it possible to get the steak à la carte? I don’t eat potatoes.
à la mode
adjective
dengan tambahan es krim Would you like your apple pie à la mode?
alcohol, liquor
noun
cairan murni seperti rum atau whiskey This beer has 5% alcohol.
all you can eat
adjective
pembeli hanya membayar untuk satu kali dan mereka bisa makan sesukanya These are all you can eat fries, so let me know if you want more.
appetizer
noun
makanan pembuka Would you like some garlic bread or another appetizer to start?
appetizing
adjective
terlihat enak seperti yang diharapkan I’m afraid these pancakes don’t look very appetizing.
apron
noun
kain luar tambahan yang digunakan untuk menutupi baju ketika memasak Remove your apron before you come out to the dining room.
awful (taste)
adjective
rasanya tidak enak (sangat) The customer said that her pasta was awful.
bar
noun
tempat untuk minum atau memesan minuman (biasanya mengandung alkohol) If you sit up at the bar you don’t have to order any food.
barbeque
noun/verb
gaya memasak di atas panggangan ala Barat The barbeque wings are our specialty.
barstool
noun
kursi tinggi di bar The guest fell off his barstool before he even ordered a drink.
bartender
noun
staff yang meracik dan menyajikan minuman beralkohol I do part-time work as a bartender in a local pub.
beverage
noun
minuman Can I bring you some beverages while you look at the menus?
bill, cheque, check
noun
kertas yang digunakan untuk memberi informasi kepada pengunjung tentang harga yang harus dibayar Table 3 would like you to bring them their cheque.
black coffee
adjective + noun
kopi tanpa campuran susu Should I bring some cream, or do you take your coffee black?
boil
verb
cara memasak dengan memasukkan bahan makanan ke dalam air mendidih We usually boil the potatoes first so that they will cook faster.
book off
verb
memesan hari libur kepada tempat bekerja I need to book off the first week of May.
booze
noun(idiom)
alcohol You’ve been into the booze already, haven’t you?
bottle opener
noun
pembuka botol All of the servers keep bottle openers on their keychains.
bread basket
noun
keranjang yang berisi roti I’ll bring you a bread basket to hold the kids down until dinner.
buffet
noun
makanan yang disajikan, dipilih dan diambil langsung oleh pembeli The plates and everything you need are up at the buffet.
burnt
adjective
gosong The toast is burnt around the edges.
buspan
noun
wadah karet untuk mengumpulkan piring kotor The buspan is stacked so high it’s too heavy for me to carry.
busboy, busser
noun
orang yang membersihkan dan mengatur meja di restaurant Ask the busboy to help you bring out all of the food.
cash
noun
uang tunai I don’t have any cash. Do you accept Visa?
cashier
noun
petugas tempat kita membayar We don’t have a cashier; you have to pay your server.
charge
verb
menambahkan biaya I will have to charge you an extra dollar to add ice cream.
check on
verb
memastikan kepuasan pelanggan You should always check on your guests about two minutes after you serve the meal.
chef
noun
staff yang menyiapkan makanan secara profesional Our head chef is one of the best cooks in town.
clear
verb
membersihkan You need to clear this table and set it for four.
cocktail
noun
minuman beralkohol yang dicampur dengan juice Would anyone care for a cocktail on this warm sunny day?
coffee maker
noun
mesin pembuat kopi You need to teach the new waitress how to operate the coffee maker.
coffee round
noun
menawarkan kopi Let’s ask the busboy to do a coffee round while we take a smoke break.
combo, combination
noun
campuran The combo platter has veggies, ribs, and chicken fingers.
comment card
noun
kertas untuk konsumen memberikan komen mengenai servis atau makanan di restaurant tersebut When she asked for a comment card I knew she was going to complain about the food.
complaint
noun
komplain The guest brought his complaint to the manager.
condiments
noun
tipe saus yang digunakan untuk menambahkan rasa pada makanan, contohnya mustard All of the condiments you should need are on the table.
cook
verb/noun
proses memasak makanan The guest says that this chicken isn’t cooked enough.
corkscrew
noun
alat untuk membuka tutup kayu pada botol wine You will need to learn how to work a corkscrew before you start bartending.
coupon
noun
kartu yang biasanya berisi nilai diskon Your coupon is only valid for food, not for alcoholic drinks.
complimentary
adjective
bebas biaya The desserts are complimentary because the dinner took so long.
creamer
noun
krim untuk kopi Will you need more than two creamers for your coffee?
credit card
noun
kartu kredit You forgot to sign your credit card slip.
customer, guest
noun
pembeli It is our policy that the customer is always right.
customer service
noun
treatment of guests Our restaurant got the award for having the best customer service this year.
cutlery, silverware, utensils
noun
alat makan In a fine dining restaurant the staff has to polish the silverware.
cut off
verb
berhenti memberikan alkohol kepada pembeli I cut off the man with the beard because he’d had too much to drink.
deep fried
adjective
dimasak dalam wadah besar berisi minyak panas Most of the appetizers on our menu are deep fried.
defrost, thaw
verb
memindahkan makanan beku Don’t forget to defrost some pies for tomorrow.
delicious
adjective
enak The cookies were so delicious they were gone in half an hour.
delivery
noun
mengantar makanan ke rumah Do you have delivery or do we have to come in to eat?
dessert
noun
makanan penutup I think we’re too full to have dessert tonight.
dirty dishes
adjective + noun
piring kotor I’ll just clear these dirty dishes and make some room for you.
discount
noun
potongan harga We got a discount because we are regular customers.
dishpit
noun
area di restaurant untuk meletakkan piring-piring kotor Jody is not going to want to go into the dishpit today.
dishwasher
noun
staff/mesin yang membersihkan piring kotor Can you bring the dishwasher these pans to clean?
doggie bag
noun
makanan yang tidak habis dan dibungkus untuk dibawa pulang I can’t finish my steak, but I’ll take a doggie bag.
double
noun
dua gelas shot dalam satu gelas alkohol Make that a double in a tall glass, please.
dressing
noun
liquid topping untuk salads Would you like Italian or French dressing?
dry
adjective
tanpa saus I’ll have dry toast with two eggs.
entrée, main course
noun
makanan utama (after appetizer, before dessert) The entrées are after the lunch specials on page 6 of the menu.
fast-food
noun
makanan cepat saji, biasanya harga makanan ini tergolong murah We don’t provide table service. This is a fast-food restaurant.
fine dining
noun
sajian makan yang mewah The waiters wear bowties because it’s a fine dining restaurant.
free refills
adjective + noun
isi ulang tanpa biaya tambahan Have all of the soda you want; it’s free refills here.
fry
verb
menggoreng Don’t fry the vegetables too long or they will go soggy.
garnish
noun/verb
bahan makanan/makanan untuk hiasan Don’t forget to garnish all of the entrees that go out.
glassware
noun
peralatan gelas Make sure the glassware doesn’t have any spots before you put it away.
gloves (plastic)
noun
sarung tangan Whenever you are handling food make sure you are wearing gloves.
gratuity/tip
noun
uang ekstra untuk ucapan terima kasih When we have a large party we’re allowed to add a 15% gratuity to the bill.
greet
verb
menyapa tamu Your priority as a hostess is to greet the guests at the door with a smile.
grill
noun/verb
memanggang The healthiest way to prepare meat is on a grill.
hairnet
noun
penutup kepala If you don’t want to wear a hat, you can wear a hairnet.
happy hour
noun
waktu singkat dimana jenis makanan atau minuman mendapat discount We’re expecting a rush because it’s almost happy hour.
highball
noun
alcohol yang disajikan dengan soda Our highballs are on for half price today.
highchair
noun
kursi untuk balita The party is for ten plus a highchair.
hold
verb
tanpa I’ll take a hamburger, hold the bun.
homemade
adjective
dibuat dengan resep olahan sendiri We serve the best homemade soup in town.
host, hostess
noun
staff pramusaji Please wait and the hostess will seat you.
ingredients
noun
bahan-bahan untuk membuat suatu makanan I’ll check the ingredients to make sure there aren’t any nuts.
kettle
noun
wadah untuk tempat teh atau kopipanas I’ll put the kettle on and make some fresh tea.
melt
verb
warm to soften (i.e. cheese/butter) First, melt two tablespoons of butter in the microwave.
menu
noun
menu Do you have a children’s menu we could see?
mild
adjective
tidak pedas I’d like a half dozen mild chicken wings.
non alcoholic beverage
adjective + noun
minuman tanpa alkohol Can I order a non alcoholic beer?
on the rocks
preposition + noun
dalam ember es I’ll take a whiskey on the rocks.
on the side
preposition + noun
meminta makanan yang disajikan terpisah For the nachos, can we have the sour cream on the side?
order
verb/noun
membuat pesanan Is everyone ready to order lunch now?
over charge
verb
kesalahan memberi harga kepada pembeli yang tertulis dalam bill I think you over charged us for our drinks; we only had one each.
party
noun
sekumpulan orang yang masuk dalam daftar tunggu A party of twelve just walked in without a reservation.
patio
noun
tempat duduk di ruang terbuka We closed the patio because it looks like it’s going to rain.
pitcher, jug
noun
wadah besar untuk air minum, atau bir We’ll take a pitcher of beer with four glasses.
portion
noun/verb
makanan yang sudah dipisahkan The chicken fingers are already portioned in the freezer.
pour
verb
menuangkan sesuatu Can I pour you folks another glass of water?
prepare
verb
menyiapkan The servers have to prepare the salads themselves.
rare
adjective
daging yang dimasak setengah matang This steak is too rare for me to eat.
recipe
noun
resep Our chef is so talented that he almost never bothers with a recipe.
reservation
noun
memesan meja sebelum datang ke restaurant We don’t take any reservations; it’s first come first served here.
restrooms
noun
tempat toilet dan wastafel The restrooms are to your left and down the stairs.
roll-up
noun
peralatan makan yang dibungkus dalam serbet makan Before we punch out we have to prepare enough roll-ups for the night shift.
rush
noun
pembeli yang jumlahnya melebihi hari biasa We always have a rush after church on Sundays.
rush
noun/verb
persiapan cepat Can you put a rush on this spaghetti; I forgot to punch it in.
sauce
noun
tambahan berbentuk liquid What kind of sauce would you like on your ice cream, butterscotch or chocolate?
seasoning
noun
bumbu yang ditambahkan ke makanan He wants the chicken plain without any seasoning.
self-serve
adjective
pembeli mengambil makanan sendiri dan tidak membayar biaya servis We have a buffet on, so it’s self-serve for lunch.
serve
verb
mengawasi pembeli, membawakan sesuai pesanan pembeli Is there someone in charge of serving out on the patio?
set
verb
meja yang sudah siap dengan peralatan makan dan gelas I need you to clear and set table five for a party of eight.
shot
noun
alkohol dalam gelas kecil (shot glass) Let’s do a shot to get this party started.
side dish
noun
pilihan makanan yang datang bersama menu utama The two side dishes are mashed potatoes or french fries.
sour
adjective
rasa asam I think the milk has gone sour from sitting out of the fridge too long.
specialty
noun
makanan yang menjadi ikon di restaurant tersebut Homemade fish and chips is our specialty.
spicy
adjective
pedas Any item with three chilies beside it means that the dish is very spicy.
stay
verb
makan di restaurant Are these coffees to go or to stay.
stir, mix
verb
mengaduk Stir the soup for a few minutes before you serve it.
straw
noun
pipet/sedotan Can I please get a straw for my ice tea?
straight up
adjective
minuman beralkohol tanpa campuran atau tambahan es He always has a straight up glass of rum after his meal.
substitute
verb
mengganti sesuatu dengan yang lain Can I substitute the carrots for corn?
sweet
adjective
manis If you like sweet things, you’ll love our chocolate cheesecake.
take-out
adjective/verb
makanan yang dikemas untuk dibawa pulang You can either eat in or order food to take-out.
till
noun
laci di bagian kasir dimana uang tunai disimpan untuk proses pembayaran You need a key to open the till and make change.
to go
verb
dibawa keluar dari restaurant We’re just going to order a pizza to go.
toppings
noun
makanan/ bahan makanan yang ditambahkan di atas makanan jadi untuk menambah cita rasa What type of toppings would you like to have on your pizza?
uniform
noun
seragam The uniform here is black pants and a white shirt.
waiter, waitress
noun
staff yang bertugas mengambil dan membawa pesanan When I got promoted from a hostess to a waitress I started making tips.
waiting list
noun
permintaan tunggu untuk para pengunjung We have a twenty minute waiting list tonight.
warm up
verb
menghangatkan (makanan) Would you mind warming up the baby’s bottle for me?
well- done
adjective
dimasak terlalu matang The meat was so well-done it had no flavour.
wine list
noun
menu wine yang bisa dipesan baik dalam bentuk gelas atau botol You will notice that we have a lot of local wine on our wine list.
winery
noun
tempat dimana wine diproduksi, dites, dan dijual There is another winery up the hill that you might enjoy stopping at.
wine tasting
adjective
mencoba jenis wine yang berbeda-beda dalam jumlah sedikit If you are interested in trying some wines you should go on a wine tasting tour.

Itu tadi contoh kosakata atau vocabulary bahasa Inggris seputar restoran dan cafe beserta dengan contoh kalimatnya.