Contoh dialog bahas...

Contoh dialog bahasa Inggris "mencairkan cek di bank"

agus
Topic starter

Salah satu kegiatan atau aktivitas yang dilakukan di bank selain menabung, menarik uang, mentransfer uang, adalah mencairkan cek. Dalam ilmu ekonomi, cek itu adalah suatu surat yang diberikan oleh nasabah yang berisi perintah kepada bank untuk menyerahkan atau memberikan sejumlah uang dalam nominal tertentu pada pihak lain (pemegang cek) dengan tanpa syarat.

Untuk memberikan ilustrasi bagaimana kegiatan atau aktivitas mencairkan cek di bank, berikut ini saya berikan contoh dialog atau percakapan bahasa Inggris tentang mencairkan cek di bank. Percakapan ini terjadi antara customer atau pihak yang ingin mencairkan cek dengan customer clerk (customer service), dan juga teller.

Berikut ini contoh dialognya:

CUSTOMER: Can I cash a cheque here?

COUNTER CLERK: Go to another counter, sir. That one there.

CUSTOMER (at the second counter): Can I cash this cheque, please?

COUNTER CLERK: What's the amount? Let me see the cheque. It's less than two thousand. Go to the teller's counter, sir. She'll cash it right away.

CUSTOMER (at the teller's counter): Take this cheque please, and give me the amount. Be a little prompt, will you? I've already spent some time here going from counter to counter, and I'm in a hurry.

TELLER: All right, sir. Bear with me for two minutes, and I'll give you the money. (After a minute) I'm sorry to bother you, sir, but there's an over-writing on the date, which you've not signed. Would you put your signature here, just over the date on the right-hand corner?

CUSTOMER: Of course. Here it is, young lady. Now go ahead and pay the amount, please.

TELLER: It shouldn't take much time now. An entry has to be made, and that's all. But could I bother you again? Would you sign on the back of the cheque, here?

CUSTOMER: Certainly not. Why do you want me to sign on the back when I've put my signature on the front of the cheque?

TELLER: We need this signature as evidence that you've received the money, sir. The signature on the front only means that you've ordered the bank to pay.

CUSTOMER: Well, you have a point there, but this order should be enough evidence that the payment has been made.

TELLER: But it doesn't prove who's received it, does it?

CUSTOMER: That's true.

TELLER: Here's the amount, sir. Sorry for the little delay.

CUSTOMER: That's all right. Thank you.

Terjemahan

CUSTOMER: Bisakah saya mencairkan cek di sini?

COUNTER CLERK: Pergi ke counter lain, Pak. Yang di sana.

CUSTOMER (di loket kedua): Bisakah saya mencairkan cek ini?

COUNTER CLERK: Berapa jumlahnya? Biar saya lihat ceknya. Ini kurang dari dua ribu. Pergi ke kasir, Pak. Dia akan segera mencairkannya.

CUSTOMER (di loket teller): Tolong ambil cek ini, dan beri saya jumlahnya. Jadilah sedikit cepat, ya? Saya sudah menghabiskan beberapa waktu di sini pergi dari konter ke konter, dan saya sedang terburu-buru.

TELLER: Baiklah, Pak. Bersabarlah dengan saya selama dua menit, dan saya akan memberi Anda uang. (Setelah satu menit) Maaf mengganggu Anda, Pak, tapi ada tulisan di atas tanggal yang belum Anda tanda tangani. Maukah Anda membubuhkan tanda tangan Anda di sini, tepat di atas tanggal di sudut kanan?

CUSTOMER: Tentu saja. Ini dia, nona muda. Sekarang silakan dan bayar jumlahnya, tolong.

TELLER: Seharusnya tidak memakan banyak waktu sekarang. Sebuah entri harus dibuat, dan itu saja. Tapi bisakah aku mengganggumu lagi? Maukah Anda menandatangani di belakang cek, di sini?

CUSTOMER: Tentu saja tidak. Mengapa Anda ingin saya membubuhkan tanda tangan di bagian belakang, padahal saya sudah membubuhkan tanda tangan di bagian depan cek?

TELLER: Kami membutuhkan tanda tangan ini sebagai bukti bahwa Anda telah menerima uangnya, Pak. Tanda tangan di bagian depan hanya berarti Anda telah memerintahkan bank untuk membayar.

CUSTOMER: Yah, Anda ada benarnya, tetapi pesanan ini harus menjadi bukti yang cukup bahwa pembayaran telah dilakukan.

TELLER: Tapi itu tidak membuktikan siapa yang menerimanya, bukan?

CUSTOMER: Itu benar.

TELLER: Ini jumlahnya, Pak. Maaf untuk sedikit keterlambatan.

CUSTOMER: Tidak apa-apa. Terima kasih.

Pembahasan

Berikut ini beberapa ekspresi yang bisa kita pelajari dari dialog di atas:

Teller: Would you put your signature here, just over the date on the right-hand corner?
Customer: Of course. Here it is ...

Pada kalimat di atas, Teller membuat kalimat request (permintaan) dan customer setuju pada permintaannya. Perhatikan kalimat selanjutnya.

Teller: . . . Would you sign on the back of the cheque, here?
Customer: Certainly not . . .

Customer tidak setuju pada permintaan teller.

Teller: The signature on the front only means that you've ordered
the bank to pay.
Customer: Well, you have a point there, but . . .

Customer sebagian setuju dengan teller, tapi dia kemudian segera menyetujui sepenuhnya:

Teller: But it doesn't prove who's received it, does it?
Customer: That's true.

Customer sepenuhnya setuju dengan teller.

Sekian dan semoga tulisan ini bermanfaat.

Latihan soal conversations

Man: Excuse me, is this seat taken?
Woman: No, please sit down.
Man: By the way, what is the announcement about?
Woman: Flight ticket 505 to Denpasar is delayed.
What does the man ask the woman when he sees her?
Man: I have been working since seven in the morning and now I’m exhausted.
Woman: Why don’t you take rest for a while?
How does the man feel?
Woman: What’s wrong mike? You look terrible.
Man: I have a terrible cough. I couldn’t sleep last night.
Woman: You should stop smoking. I’m sure, you’ll feel better soon.
Man: Maybe you’re right, this must be because of smoking.
What are they talking about?
Man: Oh my god, this traffic is making me crazy.
Woman: Absolutely! I think there must be an accident.
Man: I think so too. It’s almost seven o’clock. We’ll be late for school.
Woman: We’d better tell our teacher that we’re coming late, because of the traffic. We hope and pray that traffic will be fine soon and we will not miss the first lesson.
Man: Okay, let’s call her.
What is the best solution they have?
Man: Hi Ira, congratulations on your promotion. It’s nice to know that you’ll be the new branch manager of this Bank. When are you going to Samarinda?
Woman: Reyhan, what a good friend you are. Thank you very much for your support and supposed to go to Samarinda before November 15 this year.
Man: Good luck then.
Why did the man congratulate the woman?
Woman: What do you think of my appearance. Do I look okay?
Man: Well, yes but it will be more elegant if you wear a long black dress.
Woman: Alright.
What is the dialogue about?
Man: Where should we take a vacation to this year? Let’s decide soon.
Woman: Well, I’d like to go somewhere warm. How about the beach or we could rent a cabin by the lake.
Man: I think going to the lake must be better.
Woman: Ok dear.
What have they decided?
Man: Why you so sad?
Woman: My pet is lost, she has been missing for a whole day.
Man: You mean your kitty.
Woman: Yes.
What makes the woman sad?
Man: You look very happy. Is it good news?
Woman: Yeah… Guess what? I passed the SNMPTN.
Man: Oh really? That’s awesome! What faculty?
Woman: Medical faculty of Indonesian University.
Man: Wow! Marvelous. You’re going to study to become a doctor. You’ve deserve it, because you’ve been working hard.
Why was the woman look happy?
Man: Nana wait! I have good news for you.
Woman: What about?
Man: Now, I’m not just an employee but I’m a manager.
Woman: That’s great! I’m happy to hear that you’ve succeeded in your career.
Man: Thank you, wish me luck.
What does the woman express?