10 contoh frasa bah...

10 contoh frasa bahasa Inggris yang sering dipakai dalam percakapan

Topic starter

Berikut adalah 10 contoh frasa bahasa Inggris yang sering dipakai dalam dialog sehari-hari.

1) bring it/bring it on. Biasanya digunakan untuk menantang untuk berkompetisi atau sama dengan mengatakan, "Let's do it!" (Ayo lakukan!) Arti lain: melakukan sesuatu dengan baik.

Contoh: Dear Biology test, bring it on! (Dear ujian Biologi, aku tidak takut!)

2) fly. Yang ini artinya bukan "terbang" tapi keren, hebat, mengagumkan. Ada yang tahu lagu The Offspring, Pretty Fly For A White Guy?

Contoh: It's a fly piece of dress she's wearing. (Gaun yang dia kenakan keren.)

3) let me get this straight. Kita mengatakannya ketika ingin mengklarifikasi perkataan orang lain, biasanya dengan mengulangi perkataannya.

Contoh: Let me get this straight. So you left your mobile on the bus? (Coba aku luruskan. Jadi hapemu tertinggal di dalam bis?)

4) hold your horses. Artinya bukan "pegang kudamu" ya. Idiom ini memiliki arti sama dengan "hold on" atau "be patient" yang artinya tunggu dulu atau sabar.

Contoh: Hold your horses. Sooner or later, she will come back to you. (Tunggulah. Cepat atau lembat dia akan kembali padamu.)

5) down with that. Jika kita mengatakan, contohnya, "I'm down with that." artinya kita setuju dengan perkataan atau perbuatan seseorang.

Contoh: A: Ah, I love this movie so much! | B: I'm down with that. (A: Aku sangat suka sekali film ini! | B: Aku setuju.)

6) up to something/up to no good. Artinya merencanakan sesuatu secara rahasia, biasanya sesuatu yang buruk (up to no good).

Contoh: She has never been this nice. She's up to something. (Dia tidak pernah sebaik ini. Sepertinya dia merencanakan sesuatu.)

7) you have my word. Kita mengatakan ini ketika kita berjanji pada seseorang. Sama artinya dengan "I promise." (Aku berjanji.) - "aka pegang omonganku" via @BhagasDani

Contoh: A: Will you help me? | B: You have my word. (Bisakah kamu membantuku? | B: Iya, aku berjanji.)

8) do/did/done your homework. Kita menggunakan ungkapan ini untuk menunjukkan seseorang melakukan pekerjaannya dengan baik.

Contoh: You've done your homework. You deserve a promotion. (Kamu bekerja dengan baik. Kamu layak mendapatkan promosi.)

9) make it up to you. Kita mengatakan ini pada seseorang dengan tujuan mengganti sesuatu yang hilang atau sebagai kompensasi atas ketidaknyamanan yang kita buat.

Contoh: I'm sorry I can't go with you, but I'll make it up to you. (Maaf aku tidak bisa pergi denganmu, tapi aku akan menebusnya.)

10) pumped about (something). Artinya bersemangat, gembira, heboh akan sesuatu. Biasanya sesuatu yang akan datang atau dinanti-nanti. - "artinya sama dengan 'so stoked about'"

Contoh: I am so pumped about tonight's show! (Aku sangat bersemangat menanti pertunjukan malam ini!)

Topic tags

Latihan soal conversations

Man: Did you have a nice flight, ma'am?
Woman: Yes, but a little turbulence.
Man: Let me help you with the bag.
Woman: Thank you. It's very kind of you.
Man: Do you want to take a taxi or the bus?
Woman: A taxi will be OK with me.
Man: But, getting a taxi at this time may be difficult.
Woman: No problem, I'll wait.
What does the man offer to do for the woman?
Rony: Would you like to go to camping with us next Saturday?
Rudy: ____ but I have to take care of my father. He has been hospitalized for three days.
Man: An oil and gas company is carrying out a science competition to support its effort to provide means of educating the nation’s youth.
Woman: Are all students allowed to take part in the competition?
Man: Oh yes. College students from all the country’s provinces.
What is the topic of the dialog?
Man: Excuse me, is this seat taken?
Woman: No, please sit down.
Man: By the way, what is the announcement about?
Woman: Flight ticket 505 to Denpasar is delayed.
What does the man ask the woman when he sees her?
Girl: Excuse me. May I see Mr. Kusuma?
Man: I am so sorry. He has just left this room. What can I do for you?
Girl: Just tell him that I have left my assignment on his desk.
Man: Sure. I will inform him of it.
Girl: Thank you.
Man: You're welcome.

Where does the dialogue probably take place?
Man: You look very happy. Is it good news?
Woman: Yeah… Guess what? I passed the SNMPTN.
Man: Oh really? That’s awesome! What faculty?
Woman: Medical faculty of Indonesian University.
Man: Wow! Marvelous. You’re going to study to become a doctor. You’ve deserve it, because you’ve been working hard.
Why was the woman look happy?
Man: Hot today, isn’t?
Woman: Yes, it is. I wish that it would rain and cool off.
Man: Me too. This is unusual for March. I don’t remember it ever being so hot and dry in March before.
According to the conversation, what kind of weather is usual for March?
Anwar: Would you mind making a copy of this book?
Andra: Oh, ____ no part of the book may be copied.
Fery: Why are you sleepy in the class?
Ina: Do I look sleepy? I'm not sleepy, but I have painful stomachache.
Fery: ____ accompany you to visit the doctor?
Ina: No, thanks.
Woman: Would you like me to help you with your project?
Man: Sure. Would you help me design the cover?
Woman: Of course. I like designing very much.
Man: OK. It should be simple but impressive. I know you are skillful at it.
Woman: No problem. I will have it done soon.
Man: I'm lucky to have a friend like you.
Woman: I am glad to help you.
Man: Thanks a lot. You are very kind.
Woman: Don't mention it.
What can we infer from dialogue?